Friday 14 November 2008

gratitude

i have been absent for the last week, caught up amidst the chaos and clutter of my environment, that also reflects my inner landscape; as i sit surrounded by half completed visions of the future and pieces of me that no longer fit. the weather has been equally confused, mixing blue skys and autumn sun with sprinkles of rain, downpours and the rainbow lovechild of both. i never really experienced the element of air last week, but i've most certainly been feeling the water this week, as the last 7 days saw the culmulation of the last 7 years of my fertility journey.

and i don't think it was a coincidence that today is all about gratitude. at a time, when it would be so easy to focus on all that we have lost. at a time when we feel our dreams of being parents lie broken at our feet. at a time when we are fighting the feelings of resentment. bitterness. sadness. at a time when my soul feels hollow and dark, i am reminded that my life is blessed...

and i am so grateful. i am grateful to my dear friend who came to see me with bright yellow flowers today. driving herself over to my house, even though she was ill, because she wanted to give me a hug.

i am grateful that, although this experience didn't give us the baby we so wanted, it gave me something different... a quiet belief in myself... a new path.
i'm not sure where it's taking me, but it feels right...

i am grateful that i have an amazing community of women here to explore this journey with and, although i have missed your journey this week, i am looking forward to the opportunity to catch up with you all again.

most of all i am grateful for the immense love i share with my husband. through this all, we have only become closer. stronger. more in love than ever. for having him in my life, i will be eternally grateful. he's my daily reminder that i am indeed blessed, no matter what.

13 comments:

Lisa said...

How beautiful and inspiring, all the gratitude in the midst of your disappointment. You are amazing. Bless you and your husband.

Miss Robyn said...

sometimes it is so difficult to find blessings when we think there are none.. but you have ! and you have done it well and with wisdom.. blessings for the rest of this journey xoxo

Genie Sea said...

Welcome back :) You have been missed. :)

You are strong and wise. Blessings and healing to you, :)♥

Mjfontaine said...

I love yellow flowers a lovely gratitude post.

Allison said...

You walk a path of courage & it is truly enough.

Unknown said...

I am grateful that you have a strong bond with your husband, that you have a friend who brings you yellow flowers and that you know that you are truly blessed.

Maree Jones said...

How amazing that you are seeing the gratitude in this moment. I wish all good things for you and your family, whatever shape that may take. I have missed your posts also and I feel a keen sense of connection with everyone on this Soul Coaching journey.

gma said...

You have taken charge over your happiness and your unhappiness.
Bravo!
I wish you all the best. You are so lucky to have great love in your life.

Jamie Ridler said...

What a gentle and loving post. There's a hush in the air.

meghan said...

LOVE to you

I wish I could come over for some tea! Where in England are you?? Maybe we could arrange something - a Soul Coaching tea party -

In the meantime, hold onto all that you are grateful for - and know that we are holding you in our hearts.

Suzie Ridler said...

Oh there is so much joy and happiness here despite disappointment, it's a beautiful thing and I feel this journey is so right for you. Enjoy the last day of water. I am also so grateful for this community and experience.

TheModernGoddess said...

Thank you for such an honest post and all the beautiful things you are grateful for. Many blessing for on your journey forwards. Nicole x

http://themoderngoddess.wordpress.com/

Danette said...

You post is full of sweetness.

What beautiful courage you have.