Saturday 1 November 2008

soul coaching: day one

* be you

i have to be honest, today sort of crept up on me and, i found myself in a momentary panic wondering if i have taken on a little more than i can genuinely commit to. as it is i am struggling with the other creative endeavours in my life, but then i remembered this is the very reason i wanted to do this.

i am going through transitions. there is a lot evolving internally and externally and sometimes i find myself lost in the quagmire. i am entering new territory. trying new things as i unearth a confidence which allows me to explore a little further. and i want to capitalise on that. i want to guide myself on the right path by discovering and honouring my authentic self.

so today is all about declarations and contracts. about creating a sacred space to honour the forthcoming excavations. and this is my altar: this fresh new blogspace that i will come and honour myself daily for the next 28 (give or take!) days.

my declaration is to show a commitment: to persevere regardless of how imperfect it (i) may seem or feel at times. it is my favourite excuse for the unfinished projects that litter my past, and today i declare a new beginning. i can't wait to see where it leads me.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well said! I must admit that I woke up feeling that exact same way. It took me awhile to calm myself down and remind myself, No Expectation. This is about discovery and not outcome. Thank you for your candor.
Peace~
Dawn

Jamie Ridler said...

A powerful beginning to move from panic to remembering your own desire. Thank you for welcoming us into this, your sacred space. Honouring yourself daily is a beautiful intention. Let's see what magic it creates :)

Kelly said...

I love the photo of "be you"...it sure is the hardest thing to do...what a great photographic representation of this journey...so simple and inspiring. I'm excited to share this journey with you!!

Serena Lewis said...

The pic is so appropriate! I'm happy to share in this journey with you.

Katie said...

My intention is the same. Just to commit. No expectations. I hope this process becomes something I enjoy doing. I hope the same for you! Be sweet to yourself!

CelticBuffy said...

Love the photo! It fits what I am searching for . . . to be me while figuring out just who I am.

Shannon said...

What a powerful commitment! That totally rocks.

I was worried about being too busy to go through the process as well but I'm going to try my best to do it!

Nydia said...

What a perfect begining! Being true to yourself is so hard, isn't it? But that's the only way.

I'm sure you'll enjoy this along the days!

Thanks for your sweet words on my journey!

Kisses from Nydia.

Turtleheart said...

I like the idea of using your blog as your altar. I've been wondering where I have room to set up yet another altar/shrine (I already have quite a few) and what you wrote made me realize perhaps my new altar is right before me as I type!

Your declaration is a powerful statement. I hope it felt empowering to you to say it! Looking forward to sharing this journey with you and watching you persevere!

(Thank you for taking the time to send an e-mail asking about my blog-- hope you got the blog invite I sent you)